The Cook

Simple guy (yet complicated ...sometimes... okay, pretty difficult to explain) with the passion to cook, bake and love food of own. A little hard to tolerate with others...but as a cook..well, I know better what I want and like.

For order & inquiry, hesitate not to contact me at 013-3242799. Besides that, anyone who interested in baking, I'll be please to conduct a private classes..Interested? Drop me a line...

Follow me on https://www.facebook.com/rossatkitchen

Hope you guys will enjoy viewing this blog and be one of my follower..... Ciao!


Sunday, December 26, 2010

Red Velvet

Red velvet cake

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Red velvet cake
A Red velvet cake is a cake with a dark red, bright red or red-brown color. It is usually prepared as a layer cake somewhere between vanilla and chocolate in flavor, topped with a creamy white icing. Common ingredients are buttermilk, butter, flour, cocoa, and beetroot or red food coloring (beetroot is traditionally used). The amount of cocoa used varies in different recipes. Cream cheese frosting is most commonly paired with the cake, as well as buttercream.[1]
  

  FOOD COLOURING!!! huh.. Pound cake with RED food colouring!! 

This is my version of Red Velvet. Instead of making the plain pound cake, I decided to use Cranberries to balance out the taste. At least to satisfied mine... By the way, got the a question from someone, "What makes your product etc. cakes, better than S***** Recipe???.. !!!" Huh!!...S***** Recipe???... I have no intention nor desire to compete with others... What ever I bake or sell, its all about me... about my taste, my satisfaction .... in other word, I produce a Home-Made Recipe...!!

Well, enough with that comment!! Lets back to work!

Okay!... here I have prepare the ingredient for RV.                                                                 

250g Superfine Flour, 2.5ml Salt,5ml Baking Soda, 15g Cocoa Powder, 113g Unsalted Butter (I'm using Anchor brand since I satisfied with the quality), 300g Brown Sugar, 2 large Eggs, 5ml Vanilla extract, 240ml Buttermilk, 30ml Red food colouring, 350g Cranberry puree.
Creaming the butter with Brown sugar
Superfine flour
Cocoa Powder with Red food Colouring



  1. Grease two 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Make a paste of cocoa, cranberry pure and a lil' food coloring. Set aside.
  2. Combine the buttermilk, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix the eggs to the the buttermilk mixture( add vinegar to the milk and let it stand for few minutes alternately if you dont have buttermilk) Add to the butter mixture alternately with the flour, mixing just until incorporated. Add cocoa cranberry mixture  and mix well.
  3. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

 preheated deck oven

cranberry puree
dont trust the oven bluntly

mix the eggs with butter milk
scrapping side wall of the bowl



adding the flour to the butter mixture
gradually add buttermilk mixture



Mixing the cocoa, lil' food coloring and the cranberry puree

Add puree mixture to the cake batter












Baked RV........... 
............ to be continue... next post!!... aiiyaahh...penat siooollll..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...